The COVID-19 pandemic has continued to exert enormous pressure on public health policies and systems, with far-reaching implications. The drive for medical and public health innovation has produced a significant impact on intellectual property rights. Due to the ongoing health crisis, the Department of Intellectual Property ("DIP”) has initiated Target Patent Fast-Track program to accelerate the issuance of patents and petty patents related to health care and pharmaceutical technology.
DIP will consider Target Fast-Track Request and select the applications for invention patent and petty patents participating in the program based on the following criteria and conditions:
1. It must be a patent application for an invention that has been requested for examination under Section 29 of the Patent Act B.E. 2522, or a petty patent application that has been filed for not less than 3 months;
2. It must be an invention related to medical technology and public health. In addition, the applicant has to demonstrate that the invention has commercial feasibility;
3. An application must be filed in Thailand for the first time or filed through DIP as the Receiving Office of International Patent Application;
4. There are no more than 10 claims throughout the period of participation in the program;
5. The applicant must submit an application through DIP’s e-filing system;
6. All supporting documentation for an application must be completely submitted.
This program is effective from 1 June 2022 onwards.
In case you require more information or professional advice on this Target Patent Fast-Track program, as well as other IP matters, please do not hesitate to contact us via email: email@example.com